Every turn of the century is opening doors for rapid technological advancement, increasing dependency on technology to accomplish targets of our life. This drastic technological development is compelling everyone, from individuals to large entities, to look for technological evolution in every aspect. The tax world is no exception to it, where there has been an increasing shift in the usage of tax software over accountants.
In this phase of transition both the options of using either tax software or the traditional way of in-person interaction are working in parallel. Considering your personal preference and situation, you can determine whether to move on traditionally or adapt to the new wave of software application. Read on to look for the pros and cons for both options and compare both sides of the spectrum.
Benefits of Hiring an Accountant
- An accountant saves time and energy – Considering yourself a very savvy taxpayer with all the smarts to navigate taxes and further financial planning does not mean you should be filing your own taxes. If you are at the center of a complicated personal, investment, or strategic investment conundrum, get in contact with an accounting firm. They will sort out your matters for you to make sure that your tax filings are done accurately. A professional can complete tasks in a calculated short time which could potentially take even the most skilled taxpayer months to research and file properly.
- The accountant is knowledgeable – The accountant is acquainted with updated laws and regulations that the tax filing software may not have yet incorporated. An accountant understands how to sort changes to the best for all your claims. The accountant will deal with your financials as a unique case. He can better evaluate what exactly is required to maximize your return. Accountants can work out an error-free tax return with maximum claims.
- The human factor – No technology can replace the worth of human interaction. The assurance provided by human interaction allows one to have a strong sense of reliability and comfort that technology cannot provide. Accountants work with you considering your concerns, can work out ways to satisfy them which the use of software may miss.
Benefits of Using a Tax Software
- Cost-Effective – Using the software is cheaper than hiring an accountant. The accountant will charge you for every service added to his task list according to the time he spends on every job. However, the software can be cost-effective as long as upgrading is required to incorporate changes in rules and regulations. Ignoring to upgrade your software can have serious repercussions for you in the future.
- Self-Controlled – Technological advancement has given access to clients to at least know how everything is being processed. This invokes them to have their own input and steps to follow. The software allows you to design a step-by-step guide for yourself hence some prefer to go with the do-it-yourself approach with software assistance.
- Faster Turnaround Time – If you do not spend a lot of time tracking things down, tax planning, and filling out and submitting your return with the tax software, you can finish your taxes in a few hours. This might be the case if you have a remarkably simple return to file with zero complications and paperwork requirements.
- Confidentiality – Generally people have a concern about sharing their income details and private information with an individual such as an accountant. The software caters to this insecurity by providing a high level of confidentiality. The gist of the software that makes it acceptable in the market is the level of security it guarantees. If you are not comfortable with human interaction when it comes to your confidential information, then the software is for you.
What is Best– the Winner is?
If you do not want to spend money on an accountant, tax software is a viable alternative. If you have a more complicated tax situation, you may want to hire a professional accountant because most probably he will also complete the bookkeeping tasks. The question of doing your own taxes using software or hiring an accountant will always exist and the answer to it will vary in different situations. Both are viable options. If you need any advice on tax-saving strategies from an expert tax accountant in Toronto, Mississauga, Oakville, and Hamilton feel free to reach out to Filing Taxes at 416-479-8532? Schedule an NTR engagement appointment with us and take the first step towards proper management of your finances.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not consider your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from an accountant and financial professionals. Salman Rundhawa and Filing Taxes will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.