My brother is living near Canada/USA border. He needs to live in Canada for another 5 years in order to collect Old Age Security benefits from Canada. If he lives in Canada and commutes across the border to work for a USA employer (or remotely works for an employer in the USA), to which country does he have to pay income tax to? Can he choose which country he pays tax to?

Salman Rundhawa Answered question