I am a Canadian citizen who received a contracting offer for remote work (a US-based company). The work is noted as 1099 work, and I was sent a W9.
1. Should I be filling out a W8 instead?
2. Do I need to do any paperwork to operate as a self-named sole proprietorship? (or open a new bank account?)

Salman Rundhawa Answered question